Read about some of the largest disasters in the world that were caused by human activity and upset the delicate balance of nature.
- Chernobyl: 25 Years Later
- 2010 Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill Timeline
- Largest Oil Spills in the U.S.
- Largest Oil Spills in the World
- Oil Spill Glossary
- 2011 Nuclear Crisis in Japan
- Nuclear Disaster Glossary
- Nuclear and Chemical Accidents
- Earth-Altering Accidents
- More disaster information...
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
- Did you know?
- About 550 volcanoes have erupted since recorded history.
Sign up for our free email newsletters and receive the latest advice and information on all things parenting.
Enter your email address to sign up or manage your account.