6 Homemade Playdough Recipes
3 of 8
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 cups water
- Food coloring, tempera powder, or Kool-Aid powder for color
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 tablespoons alum
- Combine salt and water in saucepan and boil until salt dissolves.
- Remove from heat and tint with food coloring, tempera powder, or Kool-Aid.
- Add oil, flour, and alum.
- Knead until smooth.
- This dough will last 2 months or longer.
Next: Salt Playdough
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright © 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.