6 of 12
Field Museum of Natural History
First named the Columbian Museum of Chicago, the museum's name was changed to the Field Museum of Natural History in 1905 in honor of Marshall Field, the first major benefactor of the museum. The museum originally opened in 1893 and was moved to the Museum Campus in 1921. The museum houses extensive collections of anthropological and biological exhibits. The museum is home to "Sue," the largest and most complete Tyrannosaurus Rex fossil skeleton, and the remains of the Lions of Tsavo.
Fun Fact: Because Sue's original head was too heavy for mounting, a lightweight replica was mounted in its place.
Photo source: Carol M. Highsmith
NexT: 333 Wacker Drive