This game is best played with five or more players.
- Have the players sit cross-legged in a circle.
- One player sits in the middle of the circle; this player is the leprechaun.
- The leprechaun starts the game by throwing a potato to one of the players in the circle.
- The leprechaun then closes her eyes and keeps them closed while the potato is passed among the players in the circle.
- After the potato has been passed for a while, the leprechaun shouts, "Shamrock!" and opens her eyes.
- The player holding the potato at that moment leaves the circle and is out of the game.
- Play continues until only one player is left in the circle.
- That player is the winner and gets to be the leprechaun for the next game.
- Keep playing until each player has had a turn as the leprechaun.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright © 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.