Activity for an individual child
Age group: 30-40 months
Duration of activity: 15 minutes
- Toilet paper tube
- Black felt-tip marker
- Paper plate
- Crayons or colored markers
- White craft glue
- Gold sequins
This cute craft makes a pretty centerpiece for a holiday party. Add some gold-foil chocolate coins for extra excitement.
- Cut the toilet paper tube in half crosswise. Discard one half.
- Have your child color the half tube black to make the pot.
- Cut the paper plate in half. Discard one half.
- Cut off the rim of the plate to create an arch shape. You may need to trim the width a bit so that one end will fit into the "pot."
- Encourage your child to color the arch with rainbow colors. Keep in mind that your child's creative rainbow may not resemble the real thing; that is okay.
- Let your child glue some gold sequins to the rim of the little black pot.
- Balance the rainbow arch by inserting one end of it into the pot opening.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
From The Everything Toddler Activities Book Copyright © 2006, F+W Publications, Inc. Used by permission of Adams Media, an F+W Publications Company. All rights reserved.
To order this book go to Amazon.