Activity for an individual child
Age group: 30-40 months
Duration of activity: 20 minutes
- Colored construction paper
- Masking tape
You will be promoting your child's problem-solving skills while she plays this fun game. If you wish, you can substitute a real treat basket for the paper pot of gold; just be sure to decorate it with plenty of cut-out gold coins!
- Cut the following shapes out of construction paper: 20 tiny green feet, 1 brown kettle, 10 small yellow circles, and an arch shape with different colors to form a rainbow.
- Tape the yellow circles in the kettle shape to create the pot of gold.
- Find a location to "hide" the pot of gold. Place it or tape it anywhere you wish.
- Tape the green feet a few feet apart to form a path for your child to follow. Let them wind up the wall or under furniture to finally lead to the pot of gold.
- Tell your child about how it is believed that a leprechaun can lead you to a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Show her the footprints, and encourage her to follow them to the treasure.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
From The Everything Toddler Activities Book Copyright © 2006, F+W Publications, Inc. Used by permission of Adams Media, an F+W Publications Company. All rights reserved.
To order this book go to Amazon.