Nothing to do on a summer afternoon? Organize a bubbleblowing contest! Mix up some bubble solution, assemble some tools for blowing, and you're set. These contest ideas come from the book Science Wizardry for Kids by Margaret Kenda and Phyllis S. Williams.Materials
- Bubble solution
- Bubble-blowing tools: drinking straws, funnels, wire loops, and so on
- Marble or other small toy
- Give each contestant a supply of bubble solution and some bubble-blowing tools.
- Wet the tabletop with bubble solution and have the kids get blowing.
- Who can blow the biggest bubble?
- Who can create the biggest pile of bubbles in thirty seconds?
- Whose bubble lasts the longest?
- Whose bubble is the prettiest?
- Who can blow a bubble within a bubble?
- Who can get a marble or other small toy inside a bubble?
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright © 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.