- Two drinking straws
- Bubble solution
- Large, flat baking pan
- Thread a length of string through two straws.
- Tie the ends together to make a loop.
- Leave as much slack string between the straws as you like, depending on the size of bubble you want.
- Pour bubble solution into a large, shallow baking pan.
- Hold one straw in each hand, leaving the string hanging slack between them.
- Dip the straw-and-string loop into the bubble solution, then lift it out slowly, taking care not to break the film of bubble solution.
- Pull the straws apart until the string is taut, then hold the bubble film in front of a fan or the wind and watch a giant bubble take shape!
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright Â© 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.