Hand and Feet Thanksgiving Turkeys
Age: Preschool through elementary
Time: An hour or more
Type of activity: Arts-and-crafts
Make this Thanksgiving a hands-on experience for your child. These turkeys are a great decoration for your refrigerator. Make a new one each year to see how (fast) your little one grows!
- Brown, tan, orange, red, yellow, and black construction paper
- On the brown construction paper, trace both your child's feet (with her shoes on).
- Trace both her hands on red, orange, and yellow construction paper.
- Cut out all the hand and feet tracings.
- The feet tracings will be the turkey's body and head.
- Draw two feet and a beak on orange construction paper and cut them out.
- Draw 2 small circles on black construction paper and cut them out. These will be the turkey's eyes.
- Draw a wattle on the red construction paper and cut it out.
- Glue the feet, eyes, beak, and wattle onto the body.
- Arrange the red, orange, and yellow hands in a fan shape behind the brown body. The fingers should be pointing up. Glue them to the back of the body to make the tail. Your turkey's done!
Make more birds and start your own table-top turkey farm!