- Construction paper in fall colors
- Poster board or cardboard
- Glue or paste
- Old catalogs or magazines (optional)
- Cut leaf shapes out of colored construction paper. You can draw the shapes on paper and have your child cut them out, or make a leaf pattern your child can trace himself.
- Draw a tree trunk and branches on a piece of cardboard or poster board.
- Ask your child to name things for which he is thankful and write them on each leaf (or use pictures cut from old magazines or catalogs).
- Have your child glue the leaves or pictures onto the branches.
- Display the tree in a prominent place as a reminder of your many blessings.
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright Â© 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.