- Utility knife
- Any circular item about 4 inches in diameter
- 10-ounce Styrofoam or paper cups
- Pen, pencil, or marker
- Popcorn, candy, or other treats
- Black and white paper
- For each hat, cut the bottom out of a cup with a utility knife.
- Cut black paper to fit around the outside of the cup, then glue it in place.
- Have your child trace a 4-inch circle on black paper.
- Cut the circle out, then glue it onto the rim of the cup to make the hat's brim.
- Turn the hat brim side down.
- Cut a strip of white paper 1/2 inch wide and long enough to wrap around the cup at the brim.
- If you like, write the name of a dinner guest on the strip of white paper.
- Glue the strip in place just above the brim.
- Fill each hat with treats and place it at a place setting.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright Â© 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.