Tasty Thanksgiving Turkey Treats
Kids will have fun making these yummy turkey dessert treats for everyone at your Thanksgiving table. Just make sure they don't spoil their appetite for the real thing!
- Microwave safe plate
- 1 bag of candy corn (1 cookie will use 3 candy corns)
- 1 bag of caramel candy (1 cookie will use 2 caramel candies)
- 1 bag of chocolate pieces (such as individual Hershey rectangles, 1 cookie will use 1 piece)
- 1 bag of striped chocolate cookies (1 turkey cookie will use 1 striped cookie)
- Place the chocolate piece (unwrapped) on a microwave safe plate. This will be the turkey's base.
- Place a piece of caramel (unwrapped) vertically on top of the chocolate. This is the turkey's body.
- Push a piece of candy corn (lengthwise) down into the caramel piece, with the pointed end out. This is the turkey's beak.
- Lightly push another piece of caramel (unwrapped) vertically down on top of the candy corn. This is the turkey's head.
- Break off the white tips from 2 pieces of candy corn. Stick them into the top piece of caramel, with the pointed ends out. These will be the turkey's eyes.
- Take 1 striped chocolate cookie and put against the back of the caramel. This is the turkey's feathers.
- Put your turkey in the microwave for about 5 to 8 seconds. You'll want the cookie to get soft, but make sure it doesn't melt.
- Place the turkey cookie in the freezer for 5 minutes.
Take your cookie out of the freezer and put it on a plate to be served.