Learning About the Mailbox
- Shoebox with lid
- Unopened junk mail
- Cut a large slit in the lid of a shoebox.
- If you like, cover the box and lid (separately) with colored paper, or decorate with paints, markers, and stickers.
- Place the lid on the box and show your toddler how to "mail" letters.
- If you don't mind her doing so, she may enjoy ripping open the letters as much as mailing them.
- Store the mail inside the box when play is over.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.