Pretend Grocery Store
Toddlers have fun filling up bags and baskets with just about anything. For variety, use blocks or Duplo in place of the groceries suggested here.Materials
- Paper bag with handles or small basket
- Empty food boxes and containers
- Save up empty food boxes and containers. Pudding or Jell-O boxes work well, as do cereal boxes, small yogurt containers, and empty vitamin bottles.
- Seal the boxes with tape, then use a glue gun to permanently attach the lids to the small containers. (They may be a choking hazard.)
- Store all your "groceries" in a box or laundry basket.
- Your child will have fun "going shopping" with a paper bag or small basket.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright ÃÂ© 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.