I Think I Can
For this activity you'll need the book The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper. A library will have a copy, but this is one of those books you'll want to own.Materials
- The Little Engine That Could
- Read the book The Little Engine That Could to your child.
- Talk about how the little engine thought he could make it up the hill, even though it was a very hard thing to do.
- Ask your child if she thinks she can do something that may seem hard at first, then play the "I Think I Can" game.
- Ask your child to try different things like "Can you hop on one foot?" or "Can you touch your toes?"
- Demonstrate for her, then say "I think I can, I think I can" as you hop or bend together.
- Try this game when you're encouraging your child to pick up her toys. ("Do you think you can put away all your cars before I pick up these puzzles?")
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright ÃÂ© 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.