- Large cardboard mailing tube or gift-wrap tube
- Tennis ball
- Empty basket or box
- Tie a large cardboard tube to a stair railing, making the end of the tube even with the end of the railing.
- Place a basket or box at the end of the tube.
- Your toddler will enjoy placing the ball in one end and watching it shoot out the other end into the basket.
- This will keep your little one busy for a long time, especially if she has to climb down the steps to retrieve the ball and back up to play again.
- If you don't want her climbing the steps on her own, give her a small stool to step on to reach the top end of the tube, or avoid stools and steps altogether by placing one end of the tube on a couch and the other end on the floor.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.