Build giant ice blocks and balls for a toddler to play with outside. If small ice cubes melt too quickly, try making a larger block of ice to play with in the bath or outside on a warm summer day.Materials
- Clean milk carton
- Food coloring (optional)
- Small plastic toys (optional)
- Make an ice block by freezing water in a clean milk carton.
- If you like, add a few drops of food coloring to the water before freezing, or drop in a few small plastic toys.
- Your child will enjoy playing with the block in the bath or outside in the pool.
- If you've frozen small plastic toys inside the block, watch your child's surprise as the ice melts and the toys appear.
- As a variation, fill balloons with water, tie tightly, and freeze to make ice balls.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright ÃÂ© 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.