- Spray bottle
- Food coloring or liquid paint
- Fill a spray bottle with water and add a few drops of food coloring or a few spoonfuls of liquid paint.
- Let your child spray the sand in the sandbox to make a colorful desert.
- Turn the sand over with a shovel and watch the color disappear.
- Now your child can start all over again.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright © 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.