Coffee Can Drum
- Empty coffee can with 2 plastic lids
- Contact paper or your child's artwork
- Empty thread spool
- You can create a drum for your child by cutting the bottom out of a coffee can and covering the can with contact paper (or letting your child draw a picture on some paper and gluing it around the can).
- Glue plastic lids on each end of the can.
- Create a drumstick by gluing the lead end of a pencil into the hole of an empty thread spool.
- For a variation, an empty paper towel roll and an empty oatmeal box will make a soft but authentic drum for your toddler.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright ÃÂ© 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.