Easter Egg Maracas
- Small plastic Easter eggs
- Pennies, dried beans, small rocks, popcorn kernels, beads, buttons, and so on
- Glue gun
- Empty egg carton
- Gather a variety of items to fill the plastic Easter eggs. Try pennies, dried beans, small rocks, popcorn kernels, beads, buttons, and so on.
- Fill each egg with a different substance and securely glue the two pieces of the egg together.
- Store in an egg carton. Toddlers will enjoy taking the eggs in and out of the carton and shaking them to hear the different sounds they make.
For an older child, fill two eggs with each substance. Have him shake the eggs and match up the pairs by listening to the sounds they make.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright ÃÂ© 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.