- Sturdy paper or plastic plate
- Spatula or knife for smoothing
- Fill the plate with thick mud and smooth into a flat, even surface.
- Have your child press his open hand into the mud and remove.
- Place the mud in the sun to dry.
- This won't last, but it's fun to look at for a while.
- For lasting prints, use plaster of Paris.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright © 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.