- Materials of varying textures: sandpaper, old carpeting, fabric, cotton balls, fun fur, and so on
- Metal lids from frozen-juice cans
- Cut the various materials you have gathered into a round shape that will fit the frozen-juice-can lids.
- Glue the material onto the lid.
- Younger toddlers will enjoy simply feeling the textures.
- Magnets glued to the back of the juice lids will allow your child to play with them on the refrigerator or on a cookie sheet placed on the tray of her highchair.
- For older children, make two sets and have them sort the lids by matching the materials or sorting by texture (smoothest to roughest, softest to hardest, and so on).
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright ÃÂ© 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.