- Clean, empty 32-ounce soda bottle with cap
- Tempera paint
- 1/3 cup liquid detergent
- Fill the clean soda bottle with water to about one-third full.
- Add a spoon or two of tempera paint and the liquid detergent.
- Glue the cap securely onto the bottle by applying glue to the inside of the bottle cap and screwing it on.
- Your child will enjoy shaking the bottle to make colored bubbles.
- For a quick and easy alternative, put small pieces of yarn (about 3--6 inches long) into a clean, empty soda bottle.
- Fill the bottle with water and glue the cap on.
- Your child will enjoy shaking the bottle to make the yarn dance.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright © 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.