Your child will enjoy filling up each car with her stuff and pulling the train behind her wherever she goes.Materials
- 3 or more assorted boxes
- String, ribbon, or yarn
- Plastic straws
- Use scissors or another pointed object to poke small holes in the ends of each box.
- Insert about 1 foot of string, ribbon, or yarn into the back hole of the first box, then tie the end of the string around a short piece of plastic straw to prevent it from pulling through the hole.
- Insert the other end of the string through the front hole of the next box and fasten it in the same way.
- Use more string to continue connecting the boxes until the train is finished.
- Use a longer length of string for the front hole of the first box.
- Tie a cylindrical wooden block or small plastic vitamin bottle to the end of this string for a handle.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.