- Pen or marker
- Ziploc bag, diaper-wipe container, or small shoebox for storage
- Cut several oval shapes out of cardboard.
- Trace around these shapes on pieces of felt (since these will be faces, felt in a variety of skin colors is desirable, but brightly colored felt will work, too).
- Cut out the felt shapes you have traced and glue them to the cardboard ovals.
- Cut additional facial features from the felt in a variety of colors.
- These features should include eyes, noses, mouths (smiling and frowning), ears (with and without earrings, if you like), and hair.
- Older children may enjoy using additional features such as eyebrows, eyeglasses, mustaches, and so on.
- Place the felt pieces (oval face shapes and facial features) in a Ziploc bag, empty diaper-wipe container, or small shoebox.
- This makes a clean and quiet take-along game to play in the car or while you're waiting.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright © 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.