Beanbag Baby Holder
- 18-by-36-inch piece of felt
- Plastic clothes hanger
- Craft glue or glue gun
- Heavy books
- Fabric scraps in various colors
- Glitter glue, buttons, lace, and so on
- Lay the felt on a flat surface and set the hanger at one of the short edges so the hook is off the felt but the rest of the hanger is on it.
- Have your child spread glue on both corners of the felt near the hanger, stopping at the hanger.
- Fold the corners over the hanger and press hard.
- Set a heavy book on the hanger and let the glue dry completely.
- Cut out 8 fabric pockets, each about 5-6 inches square.
- Turn the felt over and arrange the pockets on top of the felt.
- Spread glue along the sides and bottom of each pocket and press the pockets onto the felt.
- Set a heavy book on each pocket and let the glue dry.
- Let your child decorate the pockets with glitter glue, buttons, lace, and so on.
- Your child can slip a beanbag baby into each pocket and hang the holder in his closet or on his bedroom door or wall.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright Â© 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.