Who Wants to Be a Genius?
Start your trip with this game and award prizes that will give your children something to do while you travel.Materials
- Five index cards per player
- Pen or pencil
- Children's trivia games and schoolbooks (optional)
- Supply of prizes like coins, marbles, playing cards, small toys, markers, books, and/or snacks
- Before your trip, write a question that your children should be able to answer on each index card. Good sources of questions are the Parker Brothers game Trivial Pursuit Junior, the Brain Quest games by Workman Publishing Company, and your children's schoolbooks.
- During your trip, choose the first contestant, then choose an index card and ask her the question on it.
- If she answers correctly, she wins one prize, and her stakes jump to two prizes for the second question.
- Add another prize to the stakes for each question she answers correctly.
- Ask her a total of five questions, then choose another contestant and ask questions and award prizes in the same way.
- After each child has had a turn as a contestant, end the game and let your kids enjoy their prizes. You'll need a maximum of fifteen prizes per player.
More on: Activities for Kids
Copyright Â© 2001 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Children's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.