Use a doily as a stencil for sponge paints and make a lovely Valentine's Day postcard.
- Heavy white paper or postcard
- Paper doily
- Red or pink paint
- Paintbrush or sponge
- Clear contact paper (optional)
- Place a paper doily on one side of a blank postcard, or on a piece of heavy white paper folded to make a card. You can hold the doily in place with a small amount of tacky adhesive or a paper clip.
- Paint or sponge over the doily and onto the postcard beneath it.
- Remove the doily and let the postcard dry.
- Cover with clear contact paper to give it a finished look.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright ÃÂ© 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.