Marbleized Valentine Heart
Your toddler can make a marbleized Valentine's Day card with tempera paints and a small rolling pin.
- Pink construction paper
- Red and white liquid tempera paint
- Small rolling pin (optional)
- Cut out large heart shapes from construction paper; fold in half, then open again.
- Have your child use a spoon to dribble red and white liquid tempera paint onto the heart.
- Fold the heart up with the paint on the inside; your child can use his hand or a small rolling pin to press on the top of the folded heart.
- Open up the heart again to see the designs the paint has made.
- You can write on the unpainted side of the heart, or glue it onto another sheet of white or red construction paper to make a pretty Valentine's Day card.
More on: Activities for Toddlers
Copyright 1999 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Toddler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.