Fun with Words
- Ask your child to tell you what certain words mean to him.
- Pick out everyday words that he has likely heard before.
- Some suggestions to get you started: concrete, marriage, retire, divorce, bachelor, anniversary, occasion, special, obedient, country.
- You may be surprised to find that some of the words in your child's vocabulary are something of a mystery to him.
- Some of the answers you get will be priceless; write them down for posterity!
More on: Activities for Preschoolers
Copyright Â© 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.