- 10 to 15 minutes
- Old purse
- Small items that can't be swallowed, like model cars, playing cards, animal cookies, old key sets, little books
- Your child will want to share the wonder of each discovery if you fill a purse with the small items (that are too big to be swallowed) and sit down to watch your child remove them.
- Talk about each item that emerges.
- Stretch the vocabulary by using words like inside, outside, and on top of as you handle the items.
- Empty your pockets and talk about all the things you find there.
- Dress the child in clothing that has a pocket, and put something into it.
- Put the same item in both of your pockets and check back occasionally to see if you both still have them safe.
Copyright © 2004 by Susan Kettmann. Excerpted from The 2,000 Best Games & Activities with permission of its publisher, Sourcebooks, Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon.com.