Write a Story
Look in your local library for information on making books with children. Stories turned into books will be treasured for years to come.Materials
- Pen, markers, or crayons
- Photographs or old magazines
- Write a story with your child about events in her life--a story in which she is the central character.
- Begin the story by saying, for example, "Today is a special day for (child's name) because she is going to __________."
- Write the story down, including your child's responses, and illustrate the story with drawings, photos, or pictures cut from magazines.
- Your child can help you choose and glue the pictures.
Copyright Â© 1998 by Patricia Kuffner. Excerpted from The Preschooler's Busy Book with permission of its publisher, Meadowbrook Press.
To order this book visit Meadowbrook Press.